About Me

if i had tO describe myself these wOrds wOuld sum it up: funny, bright, imaginative, visual, immature, jester, hyper, silly, open-minded, creative, colorful, liberal, skinny, sleepless, sleepyhead, foul mouthed, unpredictable. yOu chOose yOur favOrite....

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

blOg 5 "GOin' Green!"

Well the topic of the blog is how me and my family are going green? So it took me a while to figure out what we are doing in my home to do this, and I couldn't think of anything until I saw the energy star on my air conditioner, refrigerator, and tv. And then I realized the light bulbs in my house. I guess I got so use to these florescent light bulbs I didn't notice I had them already. My family apparently has always been using them. So this family has been going green for a while I see. Pretty surprising, cause there not your Earth saving people. I guess there just your saving energy to save money people. My mom hates plastic cups, plastic jugs, plastic forks, anything to do with plastic she hates. She says it carries a lot of germs if you don't clean it right; something like that. So in my house everything in the kitchen is mostly metal or glass. We still use plastic bags when we go to the store, only because we have a dog and we have to walk him outside so we reuse it to pick up th poop, or even for the trash in our home, so we recycle the bags. But speaking of trash, we recycle all our bottles, cans, and papers here. Well my whole building does, so we all working on it here. Purchasing a used textbook saved me money and saved a tree. And even though plastic bottles aren't good I reuse my plastic bottle and fill it up with my own water, those dollars add up. And not only do we go green in my home, but my dog as well, we feed him organic dog food. As well as Dr. Smith my mom has alot of plants. I call it her little jungle.

All these are great ways to save the earth, but I wanted to find out more ways. So i researched on it and found this cool website that can help me and others.
http://www.ewg.org/solutions?gclid=COe8mJyFy5ICFUIlFQodoVhWuQ
I also found this nice website with a good heart.
http://www.uber.com/1plus1
And then ways to go green and save money
http://www.bankrate.com/nydn/news/energy-environment-2007/tips_environmental_main_a1.asp?caret=4b

No comments: