About Me

if i had tO describe myself these wOrds wOuld sum it up: funny, bright, imaginative, visual, immature, jester, hyper, silly, open-minded, creative, colorful, liberal, skinny, sleepless, sleepyhead, foul mouthed, unpredictable. yOu chOose yOur favOrite....

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Week 6 & 7

1) Visiting the libraries was exciting, since I haven't been to a public library in years. Actually I never visited the NYPL of Humanities or the one right across from it. But what I liked the most was our tour in the NYPL of Humanities, the class got to see all the paintings in there, the original Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, and the rest of the Christopher Robbin collection. I found it very exciting that the train passes right by it in the bottom level of the library, it also has book shelves that run through floors in the building. The NYPL of Humanities has a building within its building where there was a court yard.
In the smaller regular public library the group & I looked at some photos of graffiti on the third floor. That floor was filled of any type of books about art. We visited the Fourth floor where we found periodical book, index books, and there was an online database there. The fifth floor was was the History & Socail Science floor; we found books on biographies, religion, philosophy, and folklore. The group also got yelled at, we asked the lady at the desk for a book on an artist and she couldn't find it, so she yelled saying we spelled it wrong and her computer doesn't lie. We found it funny.

2) I'm still trying to save the earth little by little. I work at a candy store in the city, and instead of giving all of our customers plastic bags I try and give them no bag or our paper bag. I'm only doing this because the plastic takes forever to disintegrate. And if they insist on the plastic bag I try to tell them my reasons and somethimes they'll change there mind, but others don't care, at least i tried. Other then just the plastic bags, we are recycling our paper towels. If we just used it to dry our hands off ,my mom will later then use it to wipe the table down after dinner. I want to find a new way i can buy drinks without purchasing a plastic bottle. my family drinks soda and i love Naked juice, but they all come in a plastic container.

No comments: